Adults love to play board puzzles no less than children. Therefore, when a large company gathers, you can easily get an interesting board and plunge headlong into a fascinating process. In this article, you will find the best board games for adults that are great for your evening get-togethers.
When it comes to leisure in the company of adults, the board should be chosen depending on the number of people involved in the process. Therefore, in our rating, the games are sorted according to the number of players who can simultaneously take part in the process.
This board game is truly worth every minute you spend on it. It is simple, there is no complicated game mechanics: you need to choose a smart partner and you will take turns explaining the given words to each other. Think faster and guess – you win, badly with synonyms and associations – you will be thrown to the “side of life”. This is a versatile board that is loved by both true connoisseurs and beginners, both adults and children.
Alias can be played simultaneously by 4 to 12 people from 12 years old.
- 4 or more players
- Over 5 Million games sold worldwide
- Explain as many words as possible to your teammates in the allotted time
- Time to play: 60 minutes +
- Contents: Game board, 6 playing pieces, 400 word cards (3,200 words in total), sand timer
Arkham Horror – The Card Game
Perfectly conveys the atmosphere of mystery. You have to think a lot here, so not very suitable for beginners. To enjoy the gameplay, you need to be patient and a large table, otherwise everything just won’t fit. It can take the players several hours in a row to defeat the monster, so if you do not have enough time, then it is better not to start the game.
Arkham Horror is a colorful board adventure that won’t get boring. Suitable for a group of adults up to 8 people. A party takes an average of two hours or more.
- A modern take on the classic cooperative game of cosmic horror
- Archive cards present branching narrative paths, making each of the four scenarios included in the game truly your own
- Choose one of twelve unique investigators, each with their own abilities, items, and backstory
A Game of Thrones LCG (Second Edition)
If you dare to buy this board for yourself, then know that you won’t be able to play here in the classical sense of the word. This is not entertainment, but a real brainwash. “Game of Thrones” is for adults who are ready to think about their every action, and even a few steps before committing it.
You can play it from 14 years old, at the same time a company of up to 6 people can participate in the party. And finally, a little advice: before you sit down at the table, you need to discard emotions, otherwise during the gameplay you can easily quarrel with both friends and your soul mate.
- 100% Toy
- A board game based on A Game of Thrones, a novel now adapted to an HBO series
- 3–6 players take command of the Great Houses of Westeros
- Updated second edition, incorporates elements of past expansions
- Features a streamlined rulebook and updated art
- Includes welcome new enhancements like Tides of Battle cards and player screens
Steve Jackson Games Munchkin Deluxe
From this board game, even adults can really get a headache. All controversial points in the rules can be resolved with noisy debates. You only need to reach the tenth level. But not everything is so simple: you will have to “bring down” the leaders, help the laggards and cheat. Suitable for both beginners and advanced “desktop” gamers.
A company up to 6 people from 12 years old can take part in the party at the same time. On average, the gameplay can take up to an hour.
- Complete game playable out of the box
- 3 to 6 players
- 1 2 hours to play
- 10 and up
- Deluxe set includes standies and a gameboard
This strategy is much easier, it only takes 10 minutes to figure out the rules. In “Carcassonne” it is important not only to properly allocate your resources and strategically lay out titles, but also to make sure that none of your friends “wrestle” your castle.
You can play with a group of adults up to 5 people, and already in 30 minutes, this is how long the game lasts on average, it will become clear which of you is the best feudal lord.
- Completely redesigned rulebook to make learning the game easier
- Introduces the Abbot mini expansion and a new version of the river
- Game and expansions have sold over 10 million copies worldwide
- 2 – 5 players
Great Western Trail
To say that you need to think strategically here is to say nothing. Nevertheless, the mechanics are simple and even a beginner can figure it out. There is no need to try to concentrate only on one line of development, at some point this can lead to victory, but in most cases it does not bode well. Hours go by for this board game for the company.
The party lasts from 90 minutes or more, up to 4 people aged 12 and over can take part in it at the same time.
- 2 to 4 players ages 12+
- Plays in 75 to 150 minutes
- Designed by Alexander pfister
An interesting card board company that takes us back to the medieval era. Its beauty is that even a small number of cards will not allow playing 2 identical games. Yes, over time you will develop your winning strategy, but you will not be allowed to implement it over and over again in its original form.
Up to 4 people from 14 years old take part at the same time, the party lasts about 30 minutes. This is a simple board game for adults.
- 2nd Edition features updated cards, artwork and streamlined rules
- Tactical game for 2-4 Players
- 30 minute playing time
- Lots of expansions available to add depth and complexity
Evolution Board Game
Not a bad strategy board game in which you need to help animals evolve. You will create amazing, unseen creatures, as unusual as fantasy allows. This is an addictive and fun board game in which you can try yourself as Mother Nature. Yes, not all of your creations will be “correct”, some will not survive, but what prevents you from using them with benefit? For example, eat your opponent’s most viable or strongest creation?
The party, which lasts about an hour, can be attended by up to 4 people aged 10 years.
- AWARD-WINNING: Evolution is the multi-award winning stand-alone game packed with a surprising amount of variety for a game with simple rules.
- ADAPT YOUR SPECIES: food is scarce and predators roam. So thematic, Evolution is used to teach evolutionary biology in classrooms world-wide.
- VIVID ARTWORK: Created by world renown nature artist Catherine Hamilton. Featured in the world’s leading scientific journal ‘Nature’.
- OVER 12,000 DIFFERENT SPECIES: Every game becomes a different adventure.
- FOR AGES 12+ – Each game lasts about 60 minutes. Ideal for your game night!
Sid Meier’s Civilization
You start in a distant corner of the map, and all the other territories still need to be mastered. The mechanics are not simple: at the same time you have to manage all aspects of your kingdom’s activities, from science and culture to military power, resource extraction and trade. It takes a lot of table space and time to play, so you won’t want to play it every weekend.
A company of 4 people aged 13 and over can play at the same time, the game lasts about 1 hour or more.
- Offers new, streamlined form of gameplay
- Multiple paths of victory offer unique strategy opportunity
- Expansive game engages both new and experienced players